Nobody can accuse this being the O'Malley Administration's first rodeo through the political ringer. The O'Malley organization has twice elected their champion to the Baltimore City Council, twice as Mayor of Baltimore, twice as Governor of Maryland, and have been using all of the trappings of the office of Governor and the State of Maryland to to prop up O'Malley's nascent chances at the Democratic Nomination for President in 2016.
Click here to take a look at the documents as obtained by WBAL TV.
- Gansler formally launches his campaign for Governor;
- Gansler begins a blistering attack against the O'Malley-Brown Administration's poor record on taxes, job creation, and business climate;
- Gansler announces he will be announcing his nominee for Lt. Governor;
- With Gansler's announcement set, the O'Malley-Brown machine springs the story about Gansler and his issues with his Executive Protection detail to the media, allowing the media to bludgeon Gansler with the story leading up to his announcement.
- Gansler announces Jolene Ivey as his running mate, but the announcement gets crowded out by Gansler and Ivey refusing to speak to reporters who are insistent on getting a quote on the Executive Protection story;
- Gansler unloads on Lt. Charles Ardolini head of the Executive Protection Detail, as a "henchman" for the Administration and accuses the Brown campaign of "waging a dirty campaign."
- And that gave the State Police itself the chance to unload on Gansler by saying his comments were baseless and inappropriate.