Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Resigning as an Action

In the ongoing saga of Anne Arundel County Executive John Leopold, the story seems to keep getting worse before it gets any better. Unfortunately even for folks like us, there is very little that we can do to either assist in the process or take any particular actions as it relates to Leopold's indictment.

There is one thing that I have decided to do, however. Last year Leopold appointed me to serve on the Anne Arundel County Amusement License Commission. Basically, the Commission regulates the County bingo parlors. And as technically an appointee of John Leopold in this capacity, I realized that there was a statement that I could make in protest of Leopold's activity.

Today I sent a letter to John Leopold resigning from the Commission, and requesting that he resign as County Executive.

A copy of the short letter is below.

Letter resigning from the Amusement License Commission

No comments:

ShareThis