Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Get Letters....

Steve Raabe of the aforementioned OpinionWorks weights in on my post about the alcohol tax poll:

Brian –

I attempted to post the following comment on your Red Maryland blog regarding our poll. Please post it. Thanks.

Just a brief comment to say that OpinionWorks is the polling organization for The Baltimore Sun, and as such we accurately called the 14-point O'Malley margin shortly before the last general election. This blog attacked us when the poll was released, but we were proven to be right on the mark come Election Day. We are objective, accurate, and careful. Please take case before tossing around rhetoric about bias.

Steve Raabe
President
OpinionWorks
I will let you interpret this for yourselves...

5 comments:

RightCoast said...

That'll teach you to question them.

RightCoast said...

That'll teach you to question them.

Bruce said...

Glad he's caseful.

John J. Walters said...

I dunno, seems like he is being polite about it to me. I can see where he is coming from.

Michael Swartz said...

Regarding the 14-point margin: blind squirrels? I honestly think the poll shaped the election rather than the other way around.

Besides, they never poll me and I definitely fit the definition of "likely voter."

ShareThis