Saturday, August 15, 2009

Riddle me This

Senator Ben Cardin has had his well publicized town hall meetings. So did Congressman Frank Kratovil. Congressman John Sarbanes, not having the guts to hold a town hall in person, decided to have a telephone town hall. Sure, it's a chicken move, but at least we know where he stands on citizen input. And Senator Barabara Mikulski is laid up with a bum ankle. So just about all of the federal officials who represent Anne Arundel County are accounted for on the issue of town halls.

But where or where is Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger? What is Ruppersberger's stance on Obamacare? More importantly, what is his stance on holding town hall meetings to get the input of his constituents on this important matter, and why to date has he not held any town hall meetings?

Inquiring minds want to know, Congressman.

(Crossposted)

4 comments:

Gunpowder Chronicler said...

Are you only picking on AA Co representatives? Because Roscoe Bartlett has been MIA in the District -- especially in Carroll, Baltimore, and Harford Counties.

If we see him east of South Mountain before election season, I will dance naked on my roof.

streiff said...

I have my camera, let me know where you will perform.

Gunpowder Chronicler said...

Don't get me wrong: I like *most* of my representatives positions, but I despise the fact that he treats the eastern portion of his district as some sort of red-headed step child.

Right now, that anger counts more than how he votes. He knows that the likelihood of the far eastern part of the district going Democrat in 2010 is between nil and none, with nil having left town.

And he treats us like it.

Duke hoops fan said...

We got gerrymandered into Elijah Cummings' district nine years ago. Unfortunately it is the wrong end of the district for him to have any interest and as such we have had no representation in congress all these years.

I'm looking forward to giving him a chance to check out new career opportunities next year.

ShareThis